Almost 2 months in the Blogging world! I really love it when a new month arrives, and you have to do a “recap” of what happened the month that passed.
*** I’m really sorry that this post wasn’t up earlier, but it’s been a really busy week in the office!***
May had been a life changing month. Fist of all “I got a job!” Something that I didn’t believe, but I kinda wanted it, but I wasn’t thinking right for the most of the time. Actually, I was “stopping” myself, and I was making me “unemployed”, but this is something that we will talk in the future posts.
Anyway, there are times in our lives, that you feel like “it couldn’t be worse”. That the things in your life are just so bad. That you feel pain. Tuesday, May 16th, was one of these days for me. Somewhere in between this pain, my brain told me “you either fall into depression and things can only get worse, or you CHANGE your mind and the chances for the things to get better are 50-50. What you have to lose?”
That’s when I stepped out of my comfort zone, I started working with myself and actually asked Apostolia what’s going on with her. Wanna know something? My life started slowly to change. That’s when I decided that I’m going to use this blog as an opportunity to help everyone that wants to make his or her life more beautiful! I’m going to share my experience without caring what other people think, or what other people will say. Life is precious and too short. We need to live it to the fullest!
I also decided to make a second blog in my native language, Greek. I felt like leaving behind my own people who can’t totally understand what I have to say in English, and I want to help them too! The two blogs will have exactly the same content, just translated!
Why I’m sharing my Monthly Recaps
First of all, last month I did an Income Report. Since these posts aren’t focused on the Income yet, I guess I will stick to the “Recap” thing. (I kinda like it more!)
- I believe that it inspires other bloggers to do it, like I got inspired from others!
- It’s an easy way to organize your Blog and see your monthly “overview”. Especially if I’m gonna make some money from the Blogging thing, it’s gonna help me keep everything on track!
- It’s a way for me to see my mistakes and improve myself and my Blog.
- I’m still new to the whole blogging thing. I’ve learned a lot from other income reports(Monthly Recaps!) -and there’s more to learn- so I wish I can help other bloggers in the future.
May 2017 Stats:
For the English Blog:
- Page Views: 650 (Exactly!)
- Likes: 41
- Comments: 141 (You guys are such talkers <3)
It really makes me feel awesome that people actually read all I have to say. It’s a huge opportunity for me to help as much as I can through this blog, people to change their lives. It totally motivates me to keep going on!
For the Greek Blog:
- Page Views: 287
- Likes: 0
- Comments: 1
That’s really good if you think that I started it at 17th of May. I’m not expecting many likes or comments, cause WordPress platform isn’t that much well known in Greece, and people think it’s complicated. But with the “MBS” series, I’m going to show them how simple it is.
Social Media Stats:
As I said in the April 2017 – Income Report, I started new accounts on every Social Media. I wanted to start the whole thing from zero. I don’t exactly know why I made a Twitter and Bloglovin account. I can’t understand them. Even though I believe it’s more a matter of time. Anyway, I’m about to focus on the other 3 for now, and maybe in the future, I will work with the rest.
May 2017 – Income/Expenses
Total Income: 0$
Total Expenses: 0$
As you can see, you can have a blog without paying any money!
Reach 500 Pageviews. (650 Page Views!)
- Publish at least 2 posts per week. (Couldn’t do it cause of the new job, still adjusting. But I’m going to try!)
Get 500 followers on Instagram. (640 followers!) Get 100 followers on Pinterest(113 followers!)
- Join at least 5 Pinterest Group Boards. (Joined 1. I don’t know yet what boards exactly to follow, so I did try to focus on increasing my followers count.)
- Figuring out PayPal. (I actually did, but there’s one thing yet to fix with the bank, so I don’t mark this goal as “done”).
***BONUS GOAL: Move to a self-hosted platform***
(I mark this as a bonus goal because May is going to be a tough month for me financially since I’m unemployed and there are some things that need to be done.)
Goals for June
For the English Blog:
- Reach 1.000 Page Views! (That’s going to be challenging!)
- Keep posting for the “MBS” Series every Wednesday.
- Maintain the English Blog exactly the same with the Greek one.
- Try to post at least once per week, (apart from MBS)
For the Greek Blog:
- Reach 500 Page Views!
- Focus on the “MBS” series, to increase the Greek Bloggers!
Social Media Goals:
- Reach 1.000 followers on Instagram.
- Reach 300 followers on Pinterest.
- Reach 300 likes on my Facebook Page.
- Buy a portable laptop (So I can post new blog posts easier and faster!)
- Start taking pictures of things and use them for my Blog!
- Finish the PayPal thing.
- Read at least one book.
- Change the world!
These few things I had to share with you about May. I promise you to be clear, realistic and that I will share my Blogging journey with you, exactly as it is.
You can share with me your goals for June, in the comments! And I will wait for you at the begging of the next month to see what we’ve accomplished!