I am so excited that my blog is actually live! Of course, there are so many things to improve yet, but the most important thing for me is that I finally STARTED!
April 2017 Overview
Okay, when the idea of “blogging” stuck in my mind, I was both excited and stressed. There are so many things to learn and juggle with. Social media, building an email list, content, promote, networking, build a product, etc. It felt like a headache. Also, there are a million posts on the internet about all these things (MILLIONS!). That’s when I found myself reading and scrolling through Pinterest for hours… And that was way more confusing…
One day, I bumped into a post on Pinterest about Facebook Groups for Bloggers. This day my life changed. There’s so much help from all these people in there and so much motivation. I wouldn’t launch my blog if it wasn’t for them so I owe them a big Thank you! I encourage you all, either you are a new blogger or more experienced one to join those groups. I promise it will help you a LOT! These groups are:
One thing that was bothering me a lot was about investing money. I have zero experience as a blogger, so I was a little worried that I would fail. These girls gave me the idea to start as a free blogger to learn, and later upgrade and move to a self-hosted platform. And here I am!
I started this Blog on April 14th. So it’s not actually “monthly” income report. Even though, let’s see how I did so far.
Why I want to share my income reports:
- It inspires new bloggers -I got inspired too!- and helps them to see how I organize my blog so they can do it too.
- It helps me keep on track everything related to my blog. It’s something like a journal.
- It’s a way for me to see my mistakes and improve myself.
- I’m still new to the whole blogging thing. I’ve learned a lot from other income reports -and there’s more to learn!- so I wish I can help other bloggers in the future.
April 2017 Traffic reports
182 Pageviews! It’s so exciting when you see people viewing and commenting your content. It makes me feel so good and motivated to keep going!!
April 2017 Social Media Stats
The truth is, I started new accounts on everything. Except for Twitter, which is a new thing to me. I was trying to promote every social media, but it’s so confusing. So I decided to focus on Instagram and Pinterest for now.
April 2017 Income
Well, Income is not my main focus right now. My main focus is to provide valuable content to you and build a community!
Total Income: 0$
April 2017 Expenses
No expenses either!
Total Expenses: 0$
Accomplishments for April
- My blog is up and running!
- Wrote 2 blog posts!
- Kinda understood the WordPress platform and customized few themes (free ones)
- Editing my own pictures with Canva.com (Way faster than at the start xD) and steadily making sense of Adobe Photoshop.
Goals for May
- Reach 500 Pageviews.
- Publish at least 2 posts per week.
- Get 500 followers on Instagram
- Get 100 followers on Pinterest
- Join at least 5 Pinterest Group Boards
- Figuring out PayPal.
***BONUS GOAL: Move to a self-hosted platform***
(I mark this as a bonus goal because May is going to be a tough month for me financially since I’m unemployed and there are some things that need to be done.)
So this is my April’s Blogging adventure Guys and Girls. I really want to keep myself “transparent” with you all and share my journey exactly the way it is.